Here is a list of top potential free agents for Season 26 in the form of a starting line-up. It is possible that some of these players will re-sign. It appears to be a deep class.
1. CF - Benito Melian - Will be 30. A decent lead-off contender but more likely a 2B.
2. 3B Wendell Reed - Will be 35, but still productive. Former MVP with a career OBP of .370.
3. 1B Peter O'Connor - Will be 32, excellent power and eye. Multiple award winner. Very good #3/cleanup.
4. DH Dwight Humphries - Will be 31. Elite contact, power, eye, vs LHP combo. Could be a serviceable 1B in the NL
5. LF Jesus Pineda - Will be 32 and another former MVP. Career OPS of .864
6. 2B Alan Flair - Will be 33 next season, career OPS of .822. Has never been an all-star
7. SS - Al Vazquez - Will only be 29. Young player + good glove + decent offensive ratings = big contract. Buyer beware, never has appeared in an all-star game and is not a true SS.
8. C - Luis Garza - .754 OPS, decent defender. Will be 34
9. RF - Darron Speier - The likely candidate for the Type A that no one will sign. Speier will be 30 and has a career OPS of .805
1st off of the bench
1B - Chip James - Will be 31. Career OPS of .828, never appeared in an all-star game.
SP1 Fritz Lynch - 144-78, 3.76 ERA. Will be 33
SP2 Bill Elster - 174-148, 3.85 ERA,. Will be 35
SP3 Wilson Simas - 87-88, 4.40 ERA. Will be 31
SP4 Luis Azocar - 175-112, 3.75 ERA. Will be 36
SP5 - Taylor Brown - 35-24 with 31 out of 36 saves. ERA under 4.
SuA Brian Paquette - 121 out of 158 saves, 4.06 ERA. Will be 30
CL - Oleg Schourek - 112 out of 141 saves, 3.88 ERA