It seems like a new group of COF sluggers is ready to take over 1530. Here are the best:
Ivan Walton, RF, Salt Lake City, 23 years old
ML Stats - 152 AB's, 15 HR's, 41 RBI's, .303 avg, 1.115 OPS
Current Maddie's Ratings (Offense, Defense, Overall) - 80.52, 26.06, 106.58
Category Leader - vs. LHP, Base-running, Speed
Best Comparison - Charles Lawrence minus the ability to walk on water
Felipe Lugo, LF, Pittsburgh, 24 years old
ML Stats - 161 AB's, 13 HR's, 41 RBI's, .273 avg, .892 OPS
Current Maddie's Ratings (Offense, Defense, Overall) - 72.65, 23.19, 95.84
Category Leader- Durability, Health (tied), Glove (tied)
Best Comparison - Eddie Reese minus a good batting eye
Barry Perry, RF, Boston, 23 years old
ML Stats - 662 AB's, 40 HR's, 114 RBI's, .301 avg, .910 OPS
Current Maddie's Ratings (Offense, Defense, Overall) - 77.98, 27.76, 105.74
Category Leader - Health (tied), Contact, vs. RHP, Range, Glove (tied), Arm Strength, Accuracy
Best Comparison - Milton Simmons minus fielding and speed
Ken DeRosa, LF, Boston, 22 years old
ML Stats - 157 AB's, 14 HR's, 31 RBI's, .293 avg, .988 OPS
Current Maddie's Ratings (Offense, Defense, Overall) - 80.60, 23.27, 103.87
Category Leader - Power, Batting Eye
Best Comparison - Eddie Reese minus speed
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Clinton Clifton is your Catcher, Ken Daly your 1B, Milton Simmons your 2B. On to SS, which should be an interesting vote.
Active Seasons: 11-22
Awards: 5 x all-star, 4 x gold glove, 1 WS ring
Stats (Offense): 58 HR's, 493 RBI's, .251 avg, .646 OPS
Stats (Defense): .981%, 139 plus and 5 minus
2. Adam Lansing
Active Seasons: 1-12
Awards: 8 x all-star, 6 x silver slugger (3 at SS), 2 WS rings
Stats (Offense): 263 HR's 1101 RBI's, .323 avg, .925 OPS
Stats (Defense): .964%, 4 plus and 18 minus
3. Al Segui
Active Seasons: 19-current
Awards: 3 x all-star, 7 x gold glove, 1 WS ring
Stats (Offense): 22 HR's, 228 RBI's, .252 avg, .625 OPS
Stats (Defense): .987%, 161 plus and 3 minus
4. Carl Acker
Active Seasons: 15-current
Awards: 5 x all-star, 4 x silver slugger
Stats (Offense): 137 HR's, 601 RBI's, .266 avg, .703 OPS
Stats (Defense): .964%, 22 plus and 43 minus
5. Ahmad Bell
Active Seasons: 10-24
Awards: 3 x all-star, 4 x silver slugger
Stats (Offense): 420 HR's, 1328 RBI's, .269 avg, .839 OPS
Stats (Defense): .963%, 3 plus and 91 minus
6. Ignacio Cruz
Active Seasons: 4-16
Awards: 6 x all-star, 1 silver slugger, 1 gold glove, 1 WS ring
Stats (Offense): 356 HR's, 1296 RBI's, .271 avg, .788 OPS
Stats (Defense): .975%, 44 plus and 9 minus
Monday, October 29, 2012
1. Richmond Rampage (27-5) Prev #2 - A clean sweep for the hot Rampage - best record, expected win percentage, and run differential. 1st in batting, 3rd in both pitching and fielding. 3-0 vs Top 10 for the week.
2 . Helena Hustle (25-8) Prev #3 - The best team in the NL - NL's best record, expected win percentage, and run differential. 5th in batting and fielding, 1st in pitching. 2-1 vs Top 10.
3. Boston TEA PARTIERS (23-10) Prev #1 - A 12-8 week drops the Partiers from the top spot, but they still have the third best record, run differential, and expected win percentage. 2nd in batting, 5th in pitching, 1st in fielding. 3-3 vs Top 10 for the week.
4. Kansas City Crusaders (22-10) Prev #4 - A 13-6 week keeps the Crusaders in the same spot. 4th best record, expected win percentage, and run differential. 4th in batting, 2nd in pitching, below average in fielding. 2-5 vs Top 10 (Helena and Chicago)
5. Chicago Black Sox (22-11) Prev #7 - Chicago rounds out what is quite possibly the Top 5 for the rest of the season. 5th across the board. 3rd in both pitching and batting, above average in fielding. 3-1 vs Top 10.
6. Charlotte Racers (19-13) Prev NR - A strong 16-4 week catapults the Racers into the Top 10. 9th in both expected win percentage and run differential. 9th in batting, 13th in pitching, 10th in fielding. 6-1 vs Top 10 teams
7. Salt Lake City Mormons (19-13) Prev #8 - Moves up on the strength of an 11-8 week. 5th in batting, 7th in fielding, and above average in pitching. 2-5 vs. Top 10 teams
8. Fresno Fire (17-15) Prev #5 - A 10-9 week drops the Fire 3 spots. Strong in both expected win percentage and run differential so they should climb next week. Average in both batting and fielding and 4th in pitching. 3-4 vs Top 10 teams.
9. Washington DC Secret Agents (17-15) - Prev #6 - Dropped 3 spots partially due to a 10-9 record for the week. 7th in batting, 12th in pitching, below average in the field. 3-7 vs Top 10 teams for the week.
10. Jacksonville TIMUCUAN'S (20-12) Prev NR - Great record and record for the week held back by relatively poor expected win percentage and run differential. Good but not great in all three categories. 5-2 vs Top 10 teams.
9. Montreal Garde Imperiale
10 - St. Louis Cardinals
12. Los Angeles